Sunday, September 8, 2013

Day 1

THE OVERVIEW

Today I started Ross Enamait's Never Gymless program. It is a 50 day fitness program consisting of body weight strength and conditioning training. This program requires very little to no equipment. You can find a place to do pull ups any where, you can use a towel for isometric training, and your body for everything else. This program also offers you the ability and skill to really make it your own, while the integrated circuit training and enhanced interval training are laid out for you the strength training, core training, and isometric training are totally customizable to what ever you see fit, or to your current level of fitness. While I am no stranger to creating effective intense workout routines, I do enjoy a solid set in stone program.

I feel that NeverGymless will offer me ample opportunity to work on areas I feel I need more work, and even allow me to reach new limits. This book is much more than just a list of exercises, it teaches you the hows and whys of creating a program. Ross really goes in depth with the science behind it. You will learn very valuable fitness knowledge through any program Ross has created.

INFINITE INTENSITY

I have done Ross Enamait's Infinite Intensity program and that was no joke, just ask my girlfriend she will attest to how much effort and dedication it took for me to complete it. It was and is to this day THE most effective program I have ever done, as well as THE MOST intense as far as physically and mentally challenging is concerned.  I have done Infinite Intensity twice in my life. The first time I made it to about day 35 or 40 and had an unfortunate accident while butchering the doe I had shot during deer season. The knife had slipped and cut my left thumb straight to the knuckle, ( I could literally see my knuckle) so that required a few stitches and put my left hand at a nasty disadvantage. I did want to keep with the program but I wanted to do it right and also wanted to stay safe with my injury. So this past May to July I successfully completed Infinite Intensity with 100% accuracy. I didn't miss a day nor did I skimp out on any workouts. I performed everything right to the very last detail. By the end I was a solid 175 lbs and very lean! That program is NOT for the timid but I encourage everyone to try it if you feel taking on a great challenge! www.Rosstraining.com

THE WORKOUT

Ok on to the the NeverGymless program. Today was day 1 and that consisted of a workout that looked something like this

Round 1. 60 seconds of burpees, 60 seconds of pull-ups, 60 seconds of squats, 60 seconds of push-ups
Round 2. 45 seconds of burpees, 45 seconds of pull-ups, 45 seconds of squats, 45 seconds of push-ups
Round 3. 30 seconds of burpees, 30 seconds of pull-ups, 30 seconds of squats, 30 seconds of push-ups
Round 4. 15 seconds of burpees, 15 seconds of pull-ups, 15 seconds of squats, 15 seconds of push-ups.

NO REST BETWEEN ROUNDS. (hit start on your timer and GO!!! NO REST!!!)

Followed by isometric Deadlifts.

THE REVIEW

This workout was brief yet intense! I felt great during and after this workout! I pushed my self to perform every single rep possible. The only rest I took was 2 to 4 seconds max after hitting muscle failure on the second round of push ups then the following pull ups.

I took before pictures to share with you if/once I hit the 50 day mark. I do not foresee any reason for me to have to miss any days nor do I want to. With that said uncontrollable factors do sometimes come into play and if that does happen I can promise you I will just pick up and try it again!

THE NUMBERS

As I sit now 

Neck - 13.5''
Arms - 13.1/4''
Chest - 39''
Thighs - 24''
Waist - 34.5 (around belly button)
Hips - 34''

Body weight - 161.2lbs

Height - 5'10''

I do not know my body fat % I will try to get that number as soon as I can.  The neck, arms, chest, thighs, and weight are all down from July. I was much larger and heavier with less body fat. I expect at the end of this program I will be very lean, and we will see an increase in size in the chest, neck, arms, thighs. The waist and hips generally don't fluctuate too much in my case, but I suspect they will decrease as well. The before and after pictures will show a world of difference at how effective this program and diet work!

NUTRITION

I am currently on a Paleo diet. I try to eat 5 meals a day breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. All foods paleo I really do enjoy the diet and I feel great while im eating paleo. For those who do not know what paleo is, it stands for paleolithic which is an era dating back 2.5 million years ago and ending roughly 10,000 years ago. The main focus of the diet is to eat how we have evolved to eat. In essence just eat like our ancestors did. Lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies, nuts and seeds. No grains, No dairy, No refined or deep fried anything! 3 Good sources for more information on this subject are 3 books I have personally read and found to be a wealth of knowledge.
Rob Wolff - the paleo solution,
Paleo diet by Loren Cordain,
The Paleo Diet for Athletes by Loren Cordain and Joe Friel.

I will try to include pictures in my next blog. I am having issues with my camera at the moment!

Also I may not blog every single day or track every single thing I eat. I feel like providing quality information with substance rather than frequent volume is the best approach. I will share sample meal plans and ideas with you however I will not share every piece of food I eat, I dont feel as important as the actual working out portion. What works well for me may not work well for you or maybe you will find success with it and tweak it to fight you just right!

Until next time.