Monday, September 2, 2013

The beginning

Welcome to my blog. This will be the first of many posts about my journey through fitness training programs and nutrition/diet that I will be testing, perfecting, and ultimately showing the effectiveness of in hopes that I can help you or even show you what works and what is total bullshit.

I will not offer any "facts" about nutrition or exercise, but rather I will share what I find to be effective and useful in my opinion. So if I say something like "I recommend drinking a gallon of water a day" please remember that doing so has worked for me personally, I am not a "professional" who is qualified to tell you how or what to eat or drink I can only pass along experience. Also in no way am I sponsored by any brand of supplement nor am I encouraging the purchase of such products if I say something like "I find animal pak to be an effective multivitamin" I am simply telling you what I have done and found effective. If you are a fan of supplements please don't be offended when I say things like "I feel that 90% of supplements out there are just a waste of money". Unfortunately the fitness industry is riddled with guys and girls who just want to make a quick dollar off of our desire for physical fitness and hard work. Hopefully I can help steer you in the right direction and away from the useless approach. With that said I will share a little information about myself.

I first fell in love with fitness around the age of 16. Everyday after school in the weight room I would train with a professional boxer and the work was intense. I remember ending every session with interval sprints on the treadmill and pull ups, but one particular session stuck with me to this day. It was the first and only time I threw up from exercise! I pushed myself as hard as I possibly could, it was something about putting all my effort and focus into physical effort that made me feel like I could become someone great. So lets fast forward to age 19, I joined Taekwondo and that's when my passion for fitness and nutrition took off like a rocket, I soaked everything in. I was (still am) completely in love with martial arts. I couldn't get enough of the workouts or comradery I shared with my fellow students. With every technique and drill I could feel myself becoming better, faster, stronger. I had to dive deeper so I read many books about fitness and nutrition and learned from those around me who knew so much more. I  honed my knowledge in class and outside of class doing my own workouts. Around the age of 20 I started Jiu Jitsu and MMA a whole new world had opened up to me again! For the next 3 years I trained martial arts and physical fitness. Now I have my blackbelt in Taekwondo, competed in martial arts tournaments, ran in 5ks and 10ks, and have several extremely intense training programs completed. I have really learned a lot in a short amount of time and this is only the beginning.

I am new to blogging so I will try my best to organize and articulate things best I can. I will admit I am more of a "hands on" type of guy so I will try my best to include pictures, do it yourself, advice, tips, updates, workouts, ect.

Until next time.

Tony Renzaglia